Welgekommn in de café van de West-Vlamsche Wikipedia. Pakt junder ma e pinte en zet je: der es ier nôois gin belet. De café es de plekke woa da me discuteern over dingn die etwadde te moakn ein met Wikipedia of vo geweune gêestige koutnanche.
Te verkrygn an den bar: Trappist Westvleteren, Bavik, Brugse Tripel, Rôodnbach, Ingelmunsters Kastêelbier en Poperings Hommelbier...
- 1 Wikiproject Erasmusprijswinnaars
- 2 Harassment consultation
- 3 Your input requested on the proposed #FreeBassel banner campaign
- 4 Community Wishlist Survey
- 5 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)
- 6 Get involved in Wikipedia 15!
- 7 VisualEditor News #6—2015
- 8 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 9 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 10 West Flemish is missing
- 11 Completion suggestor
- 12 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 13 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 14 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 15 Server switch 2016
- 16 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 17 Wikipedia noa de moane
- 18 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 19 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 20 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 21 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 22 Editing News #2—2016
- 23 Open call for Project Grants
- 24 Belangrijk: Beoordeling beheerdersactiviteit
- 25 Save/Publish
- 26 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 27 RevisionSlider
Wikiproject Erasmusprijswinnaars[brontekst bewerken]
Wikipedia heeft de Erasmusprijs 2015 gewonnen. Deze prijs wordt jaarlijks uitgereikt aan personen of instellingen die een uitzonderlijke bijdrage hebben geleverd aan cultuur, samenleving, of sociale wetenschappen. De koning van Nederland reikt op 25 november de prijs uit. Dit zal media aandacht opleveren en hopelijk nieuwe vrijwilligers opleveren. Voor de uitreiking willen we graag artikels over vorige winnaars van de Erasmusprijs schrijven en verbeteren. Alle 80 winnaars zouden voldoende relevant moeten zijn voor een artikel.
Doe ook mee met het project, en help ons om artikels te schrijven voor onze mede-laureaten.
Harassment consultation[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language
The Community Advocacy team the Wikimedia Foundation has opened a consultation on the topic of harassment on Meta. The consultation period is intended to run for one month from today, November 16, and end on December 17. Please share your thoughts there on harassment-related issues facing our communities and potential solutions. (Note: this consultation is not intended to evaluate specific cases of harassment, but rather to discuss the problem of harassment itself.)
This is to inform all Wikimedia contributors that a straw poll seeking your involvement has just been started on Meta-Wiki.
As some of your might be aware, a small group of Wikimedia volunteers have proposed a banner campaign informing Wikipedia readers about the urgent situation of our fellow Wikipedian, open source software developer and Creative Commons activist, Bassel Khartabil. An exemplary banner and an explanatory page have now been prepared, and translated into about half a dozen languages by volunteer translators.
We are seeking your involvement to decide if the global Wikimedia community approves starting a banner campaign asking Wikipedia readers to call on the Syrian government to release Bassel from prison. We understand that a campaign like this would be unprecedented in Wikipedia's history, which is why we're seeking the widest possible consensus among the community.
Given Bassel's urgent situation and the resulting tight schedule, we ask everyone to get involved with the poll and the discussion to the widest possible extent, and to promote it among your communities as soon as possible.
(Apologies for writing in English; please kindly translate this message into your own language.)
Thank you for your participation!
Community Wishlist Survey[brontekst bewerken]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)[brontekst bewerken]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Gale - multidisciplinary periodicals, newspapers, and reference sources - 10 accounts
- Brill - academic e-books and journals in English, Dutch, and other languages - 25 accounts
- Finnish Literature Society (in Finnish)
- Magiran (in Farsi) - scientific journal articles - 100 articles
- Civilica (in Farsi) - Iranian journal articles, seminars, and conferences - 50 accounts
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including EBSCO, DeGruyter, and Newspaperarchive.com. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 01:01, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
As many of you know, January 15 is Wikipedia’s 15th Birthday!
People around the world are getting involved in the celebration and have started adding their events on Meta Page. While we are celebrating Wikipedia's birthday, we hope that all projects and affiliates will be able to utilize this celebration to raise awareness of our community's efforts.
Haven’t started planning? Don’t worry, there’s lots of ways to get involved. Here are some ideas:
- Join/host an event. We already have more than 80, and hope to have many more.
- Talk to local press. In the past 15 years, Wikipedia has accomplished extraordinary things. We’ve made a handy summary of milestones and encourage you to add your own. More resources, including a press release template and resources on working with the media, are also available.
- Design a Wikipedia 15 logo. In place of a single icon for Wikipedia 15, we’re making dozens. Add your own with something fun and representative of your community. Just use the visual guide so they share a common sensibility.
- Share a message on social media. Tell the world what Wikipedia means to you, and add #wikipedia15 to the post. We might re-tweet or share your message!
Everything is linked on the Wikipedia 15 Meta page. You’ll find a set of ten data visualization works that you can show at your events, and a list of all the Wikipedia 15 logos that community members have already designed.
Thanks and Happy nearly Wikipedia 15!
-The Wikimedia Foundation Communications team
VisualEditor News #6—2015[brontekst bewerken]
Elitre (WMF), 25 dec 2015 00:06 (UTC)
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![brontekst bewerken]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[brontekst bewerken]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
West Flemish is missing[brontekst bewerken]
West Flemish is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (overleg) 3 feb 2016 15:58 (UTC)
Completion suggestor[brontekst bewerken]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[brontekst bewerken]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17 mrt 2016 20:30 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 31 mrt 2016 15:47 (UTC)
Server switch 2016[brontekst bewerken]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17 apr 2016 22:07 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[brontekst bewerken]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 21 apr 2016 15:35 (UTC)
Wikipedia noa de moane[brontekst bewerken]
Dadde iér is een invitoasje an ol de Wikipedioanen: Wikimedia Duutsland eet data platse gekreegn voe Wikipedia inoet voe de kommende misjie noa de moane. (ginne klucht!) M'en a community diskuusje gestart over oe da'mme dadde doên, omda me peiz'n dat dadde voe de globoale community van gebruukers is. Ostebliéf doe mee an de disuusje ip Meta-Wiki (en vertoalt die invitoasje in joen community toale!. Beste groêtn. Lotje (overleg) 14 mei 2016 06:55 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[brontekst bewerken]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 10 jun 2016 15:31 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki which you may seen already in the Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the soon for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. The main announcement can also be translated on this page. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-29 jun 2016 13:06 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-1 jul 2016 03:05 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[brontekst bewerken]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 1 jul 2016 14:10 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2016[brontekst bewerken]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 3 jul 2016 17:20 (UTC)
Open call for Project Grants[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language:
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 5 jul 2016 15:25 (UTC)
Belangrijk: Beoordeling beheerdersactiviteit[brontekst bewerken]
Hallo. Recentelijk is een nieuw beleid aangenomen over het verwijderen van "extra bevoegdheden" (beheerder, bureaucraat, enz.) door een gemeenschappelijke consensus (uw gemeenschap heeft een aankondiging van het overleg ontvangen). Volgens dit beleid worden de activiteiten van de moderators op kleinere wiki's beoordeeld door de stewards. Voor zover wij weten, heeft uw wiki nog geen formeel proces om de "extra bevoegdheden" van inactieve gebruikers te verwijderen. Dit betekent dat deze taak zo lang wordt uitgevoerd door de stewards volgens de Beoordeling beheerdersactiviteit.
We hebben vastgesteld dat de volgende gebruikers voldoen aan de inactiviteitscriteria (geen bewerkingen en geen gelogde acties in de afgelopen twee jaar):
- D-rex (bureaucraat, moderator)
- Tbc (bureaucraat, moderator)
Deze gebruikers ontvangen binnenkort een bericht, waarin hen gevraagd wordt het binnen de gemeenschap aan te geven als zij enkele of alle van hun rechten willen behouden. Als de gebruikers niet reageren, zullen hun geavanceerde rechten door de stewards worden ingetrokken.
Wil jullie gemeenschap haar eigen activiteitsbeoordelingsproces vaststellen, dat voor gaat op het globale proces, willen jullie een andere beslissing nemen met betrekking tot deze inactieve gebruikers met rechten of hebben jullie hier al een beleid voor dat niet bekend is bij de stewards, wil je dit dan aangeven op het berichtenbord van de stewards op Meta-Wiki, zodat we weten dat we niet verder hoeven te gaan met het beoordelen van de rechten op jouw wiki. Hartelijke dank. --Rschen7754 15 jul 2016 07:06 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[brontekst bewerken]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 30 ogu 2016 18:39 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 12 sep 2016 15:08 (UTC)