Welgekommn in de café van de West-Vlamsche Wikipedia. Pakt junder ma e pinte en zet je: der es ier nôois gin belet. De café es de plekke woa da me discuteern over dingn die etwadde te moakn ein met Wikipedia of vo geweune gêestige koutnanche.
Te verkrygn an den bar: Trappist Westvleteren, Bavik, Brugse Tripel, Rôodnbach, Ingelmunsters Kastêelbier en Poperings Hommelbier...
- 1 Wikiproject Erasmusprijswinnaars
- 2 Harassment consultation
- 3 Your input requested on the proposed #FreeBassel banner campaign
- 4 Community Wishlist Survey
- 5 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)
- 6 Get involved in Wikipedia 15!
- 7 VisualEditor News #6—2015
- 8 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 9 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 10 West Flemish is missing
Wikiproject Erasmusprijswinnaars[brontekst bewerken]
Wikipedia heeft de Erasmusprijs 2015 gewonnen. Deze prijs wordt jaarlijks uitgereikt aan personen of instellingen die een uitzonderlijke bijdrage hebben geleverd aan cultuur, samenleving, of sociale wetenschappen. De koning van Nederland reikt op 25 november de prijs uit. Dit zal media aandacht opleveren en hopelijk nieuwe vrijwilligers opleveren. Voor de uitreiking willen we graag artikels over vorige winnaars van de Erasmusprijs schrijven en verbeteren. Alle 80 winnaars zouden voldoende relevant moeten zijn voor een artikel.
Doe ook mee met het project, en help ons om artikels te schrijven voor onze mede-laureaten.
Harassment consultation[brontekst bewerken]
Please help translate to your language
The Community Advocacy team the Wikimedia Foundation has opened a consultation on the topic of harassment on Meta. The consultation period is intended to run for one month from today, November 16, and end on December 17. Please share your thoughts there on harassment-related issues facing our communities and potential solutions. (Note: this consultation is not intended to evaluate specific cases of harassment, but rather to discuss the problem of harassment itself.)
This is to inform all Wikimedia contributors that a straw poll seeking your involvement has just been started on Meta-Wiki.
As some of your might be aware, a small group of Wikimedia volunteers have proposed a banner campaign informing Wikipedia readers about the urgent situation of our fellow Wikipedian, open source software developer and Creative Commons activist, Bassel Khartabil. An exemplary banner and an explanatory page have now been prepared, and translated into about half a dozen languages by volunteer translators.
We are seeking your involvement to decide if the global Wikimedia community approves starting a banner campaign asking Wikipedia readers to call on the Syrian government to release Bassel from prison. We understand that a campaign like this would be unprecedented in Wikipedia's history, which is why we're seeking the widest possible consensus among the community.
Given Bassel's urgent situation and the resulting tight schedule, we ask everyone to get involved with the poll and the discussion to the widest possible extent, and to promote it among your communities as soon as possible.
(Apologies for writing in English; please kindly translate this message into your own language.)
Thank you for your participation!
Community Wishlist Survey[brontekst bewerken]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)[brontekst bewerken]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Gale - multidisciplinary periodicals, newspapers, and reference sources - 10 accounts
- Brill - academic e-books and journals in English, Dutch, and other languages - 25 accounts
- Finnish Literature Society (in Finnish)
- Magiran (in Farsi) - scientific journal articles - 100 articles
- Civilica (in Farsi) - Iranian journal articles, seminars, and conferences - 50 accounts
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including EBSCO, DeGruyter, and Newspaperarchive.com. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 01:01, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
As many of you know, January 15 is Wikipedia’s 15th Birthday!
People around the world are getting involved in the celebration and have started adding their events on Meta Page. While we are celebrating Wikipedia's birthday, we hope that all projects and affiliates will be able to utilize this celebration to raise awareness of our community's efforts.
Haven’t started planning? Don’t worry, there’s lots of ways to get involved. Here are some ideas:
- Join/host an event. We already have more than 80, and hope to have many more.
- Talk to local press. In the past 15 years, Wikipedia has accomplished extraordinary things. We’ve made a handy summary of milestones and encourage you to add your own. More resources, including a press release template and resources on working with the media, are also available.
- Design a Wikipedia 15 logo. In place of a single icon for Wikipedia 15, we’re making dozens. Add your own with something fun and representative of your community. Just use the visual guide so they share a common sensibility.
- Share a message on social media. Tell the world what Wikipedia means to you, and add #wikipedia15 to the post. We might re-tweet or share your message!
Everything is linked on the Wikipedia 15 Meta page. You’ll find a set of ten data visualization works that you can show at your events, and a list of all the Wikipedia 15 logos that community members have already designed.
Thanks and Happy nearly Wikipedia 15!
-The Wikimedia Foundation Communications team
VisualEditor News #6—2015[brontekst bewerken]
Elitre (WMF), 25 dec 2015 00:06 (UTC)
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![brontekst bewerken]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[brontekst bewerken]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
West Flemish is missing[brontekst bewerken]
West Flemish is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (overleg) 3 feb 2016 15:58 (UTC)